BEFORE YOU START: To set up a Windows phone with your email, you need to know your email address and password before proceeding and you must have Internet Connection (if your website was designed by Firstlincoln you can email email@example.com to request for your email address, username and password).
NOTE: The steps to set up email on your Windows phone might be a little different depending on your make/model and your network provider. However, all the information you need to set up your account (user name, password, server settings) is in these steps. If you don’t see a button you’re supposed to tap, try scrolling down .
To Set up Email on Your Windows Phone
- From the home screen, swipe to the right, tap Settings, tap email & accounts, and then tap add an account.
- Tap advanced setup.
- Enter your email address and password, and then tap Next.
- Tap internet email account.
- Use these settings, depending on the type of email you have: We recommend you use POP with outgoing and incoming mail server set to sv1022.hosting-server-1022.com
- Make sure Outgoing server requires authentication is selected.
- Make sure Use the same user name and password for sending email is selected.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Ensure Require SSL for incoming email is turn OFF.
- Ensure Require SSL for outgoing email is turn OFF.
- Tap sign in.
That’s it. If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, go ahead and compose an email and send it to yourself.